Goat Cheese on Toast with Peas and Pickled Radishes
2/3 C. Sliced Radishes
1/3 C. Water
1/3 C. Apple Cider Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
2 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Ancient Grain Bread, toasted
4 oz. Goat Cheese
Shelled Fresh Peas, or frozen
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Fresh Parsley, for garnish
- Pickle the radishes in advance. Place the sliced radishes in an 8 oz. jar.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, pour the mixture over the sliced radishes.
- Place the lid and set the jar aside to cool and pickle for at least one hour. The mixture will keep in the fridge for several weeks.
- Spread the goat cheese onto two slices of toasted bread.
- Assemble the toast with peas and pickled radishes. Season to taste and garnish as desired.
Active Prep: 15 min
Inactive Prep: 2 hours