French Toast Sandwich with Bacon, Egg & Butternut Squash
8 Bacon Slices
4 Eggs, Sunny Fried
4 French Toast Muffins
Hearty Salad Greens
1 (2 lb.) Butternut Squash (neck portion only), peeled and sliced laterally to (8) ½-inch
Kosher Salt and Pepper, to taste
½ C. Milk
1 tsp. Cinnamon
¼ tsp. Nutmeg
4 Canyon Bakehouse Original English Muffins, halved
2 Tbsp. Butter, for the skillet
French Toast Muffins
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil and preheat the oven to 400.
- Arrange the bacon slices on top of the foil and bake for 15 minutes, until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel and reduce the oven temp to 375.
- Place the squash on the foil and flip to coat in bacon fat. Season lightly with kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash for 8 minutes on each side until fork tender, golden and crispy at the edges. Meanwhile, fry the eggs.
- Make the French toast muffins. In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, and spices.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Working one at a time, coat each muffin half with the batter on both sides before adding to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flipping mid-way through, until golden brown.
- Once the squash is finished roasting, transfer to a plate and allow it to cool, slightly.
- Assemble four sandwiches on French toast muffins, beginning with the greens. Layer with roasted squash, a fried egg, and crispy bacon.
- To finish, drizzle each sandwich with maple syrup.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 30 min