English Muffin Pizza Toasts with Butternut Squash and Bacon
1 pkg. Canyon Bakehouse English Muffins halved
½ Medium Butternut Squash, seeds scraped
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 Garlic Cloves
Butternut Squash Spread
Bell Peppers, all colors, cut into strips
Sliced Fennel Bulb
Thick-Sliced Bacon, cooked and cut into strips
Mini Mozzarella Balls halved
Fennel fronds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Brush the squash with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place cut side down on the foil with the garlic inside the cavity. Roast for 30 minutes until fork tender.
- Mid-way through the roast, add the prepared vegetables to the baking sheet and roast alongside the squash for the remaining 15 minutes.
- Remove the squash and veggies from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Turn the oven to broil and prepare a second baking sheet with foil.
- Scrape the inside of the squash away from the peel. Discard the peel and the garlic cloves.
- Using a potato masher, mash the squash until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread each of the English Muffin halves with the squash mixture and place them on the second foiled baking sheet.
- Top the squash with roasted vegetables, bacon and mozzarella, and place them under the broiler until the edges of the muffins are toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fennel fronds to serve.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 40 min