EGG SANDWICH WITH CARAMELIZED RED ONIONS AND HERBED CREAM CHEESE
4 oz Herbed Cream Cheese
3-4 Eggs, scrambled
½ C. Caramelized Red Onions (see below)
Canyon Bakehouse 7 Grain Bread
1 Red Onion, cut into ½ inch rings
1 tsp. Tamari Sauce
½ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
½ tsp. Liquid Smoke
½ tsp. Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Kosher Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the liquid ingredients together. Add the onion rings and toss to coat.
- Place the tossed onions flat on the foiled baking sheet. Season with salt and roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping half-way through.
- Once the onions are browned and crisp at the edges, remove from the oven and transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
- Assemble four sandwiches with herbed cream cheese, scrambled eggs and caramelized onions.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 25 min