Egg-In-The-Hole Sandwiches with Delicata Squash
1 Delicata Squash, sliced into ½-inch rings
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
4 Canyon Bakehouse Honey Whole Grain English Muffins, toasted and buttered
8 Strips Bacon, crisped and crumbled
4 oz. Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Toss the squash rings with olive oil and place them on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper and roast until fork tender but still firm, 8-10 minutes.
- Butter each toasted English muffin half and assemble with crumbled bacon and blue cheese.
- Separate the eggs and place the whites in one bowl while carefully preserving the yolks in another.
- Working 1-2 at a time, place the squash rings in a large pan over medium heat (use more olive oil, if needed). Spoon about 1 Tbsp. of egg white into the center of the squash rings before dropping one yolk on top. Cook until the eggs are set, 3-4 minutes.
- Place one cooked egg-in-the-hole onto each prepared English muffin with bacon and blue cheese. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min