Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 Canyon Bakehouse gluten-free Hamburger Buns
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 15-oz can Libby's Pumpkin Pie filling
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Coat 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice Canyon Hamburger Buns into strips and lay pieces on a baking sheet. Bake 15-20 min. until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- For custard, combine beaten eggs, canned pumpkin, milk, syrup, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt in large mixing bowl and beat well until smooth.
- Place toasted bun pieces in 9x13" baking dish and pour custard mixture over the bread, gently turning the pieces to coat all sides. Soak for about 10 min.
- Melt butter and drizzle over the top of the pudding; sprinklle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 min. If the top begins to brown, cover with foil and bake another 20-30 min. until the custard is set. (A knife inserted should come out clean.)
- Sift powdered sugar on top right before serving.