Cherry Cheesecake with Brownie Bites Crust
- 2 C. Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Brownie Bites
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (regular or dairy-free)
- 1 C. Organic Cane Sugar, divided
- Juice of ½ lemon and zest
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Canned Coconut Milk, strained
- ½ C. Coconut Milk (in a carton)
- 2 ½ C. Frozen Cherries, divided
- 2 tsp. Corn Starch
- 2 tsp. Water
- Crumble Brownie Bites and press firmly into a spring form pan lined with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and ½ C. sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, zest and vanilla until combined. Refrigerate.
- In a separate bowl, whip the coconut cream until fluffy. Fold in the cream cheese mixture and ½ C. cherries, coarsely chopped.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling over the brownie crust and chill overnight.
- Add remaining cherries and sugar to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low simmer.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water. Slowly stir the slurry into the cherry mixture. Continue to stir (gently) until the mixture thickens. Allow to cool before pouring over the cheesecake. Chill for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing to serve.