Pumpkin Bread Pudding
For the Pudding
- 5 pieces of Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White or 7-Grain Bread, cut into 1-inch squares
- ¾ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup of whole pecans
For the Topping
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch pie dish with coconut oil or butter. Cut bread into 1- inch squares and place into dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk whipping cream, eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar and pumpkin pie spice until fully blended.
- Pour mixture over the bread pieces and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While baking, prepare the topping. On low heat add all the ingredients for the topping to a small sauce pan. Once fully melted and blended turn heat to low to keep warm.
- 10 minutes before the bread dish is done baking, add the whole pecans and continue to cook.
- When complete, remove from oven and drizzle the sauce over the bread. Serve immediately.