Croque Monsieur Bread Bake
Featured ProductCountry White
Crispy Country White Bread layered in a baking dish with a creamy Dijon mustard sauce, holiday ham, and golden gruyere cheese.
1 ½ C. Whole Milk
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
Pinch of Nutmeg
Pinch of Kosher Salt
Black Pepper, to taste
8 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Country White Bread, diced to 1 ½ inch cubes
2 Thick Ham Slices, cut into 1-inch squares
½ C. Gruyère Cheese, shredded
3 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
Chopped Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and prepare a small baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs, mustard and seasonings. Set aside.
- Arrange the cubed bread in the prepared baking dish. Add the cut ham and incorporate.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and ham.
- Top the dish with both cheeses and bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is set and the top is browned.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before cutting and serving.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 40 min