COTTAGE CHEESE ON TOAST WITH SEASONED TOMATOES, QUICK PICKLED CORN AND RED ONION
Featured ProductEverything Bagels
Cottage cheese on toast with seasoned heirloom tomatoes, pickled corn and red onion.
½ C. Cottage Cheese
½ Pint Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, halved
¼ Small Red Onion, sliced lengthwise
2 Tbsp. Cilantro leaves
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Canyon Bakehouse Everything Bagels, toasted
2 C. Fresh or Frozen Corn Kernels
¾ C. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Cloves Garlic, sliced
3 tsp. Cane Sugar
½ tsp. Cumin Seeds
Salt & Pepper, to taste
½ Jalapeño pepper halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
QUICK PICKLED CORN
- Make the pickled corn in a medium saucepan. Bring the corn, vinegar, garlic, sugar and cumin to a simmer.
- Stirring, cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat.
- Season the pickled corn with salt and pepper.
- Add the jalapeno slices and pour it into a pint-sized jar. Chill for 24 hours before serving and keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- In a small bowl, combine the halved cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion and cilantro leaves.
- Toss the mixture in olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To make the toast, spread each bagel half with cottage cheese and top with a spoonful of pickled corn and the tomato mixture.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 5 min