CHOCOLATE FONDUE WITH STRAWBERRIES AND FRENCH TOAST BITES
French Toast Bites (see below)
1 ½ C. Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
¼ C. Butter
¼ C. Brandy or Whiskey
½ C. Milk
1 tsp. Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Whole Grain Bread, quartered
¼ C. Butter
French Toast Bites
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle and add 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Working one at a time, coat each quartered slice of bread with the batter on both sides before adding to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flipping mid-way through, until golden brown.
- Prepare a fondue pot with hot tap water and a heat source underneath.
- To make the chocolate sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the brandy or whisky to the melted butter. Whisk to incorporate before removing from the heat. Immediately, pour the butter mixture over the chocolate chips. Do not stir. After 5 minutes, whisk to incorporate. If more melting is needed, place the bowl over a double boiler and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the water out of the prepared fondue pot and fill it with chocolate sauce. Place it back over the heat source.
- Serve the sauce with French toast bites and fresh strawberries for dipping.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min