CHEESY BRAISED KALE WITH SEASONED BREADCRUMBS
Featured ProductMountain White
Braised winter greens with three kinds of cheese and a crispy topping of herbed GF breadcrumbs
Massaged Kale (see below)
4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
3 oz. Gruyere, grated
3 oz. White Cheddar, grated
Seasoned Breadcrumbs, browned (see below)
½ C. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
¾ tsp. Kosher Salt
2 Bunches Kale, spines removed and leaves roughly chopped
8 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread, diced to ½ inch
2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
Herbs and Seasonings Blend
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees and arrange the cubed bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes until dry but not browned, turning half-way through.
- Combine the dried cubed bread, melted butter, pepper, herbs and seasonings in a food processor and blend until fine. Set aside.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and kosher salt. Toss the prepared kale in the mixture and gently massage. Set aside.
- Heat a lidded braising dish over medium-low heat. Add the massaged kale in batches and cover. Stir occasionally and cook until evenly braised, about 35 minutes.
- Add dots of softened cream cheese to the braised kale and sprinkle the grated cheeses overtop. Remove from the heat and replace the lid until the cheeses are melted.
- Place the breadcrumb mixture into a sauté pan over medium heat. Stirring, cook until fragrant and browned.
- Once the cheeses have melted, toss the mixture to incorporate. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with browned breadcrumbs to serve.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 1 hr 15 min