CHAI FRENCH TOAST WITH VANILLA CREAM SAUCE
Featured ProductHeritage Honey Style White
Here, French toast takes on fall flavors with warming chai spices and a rich vanilla cream sauce.
1/2 C. Milk
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Cardamom
1/4 tsp. Ginger
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Honey White Bread
1/4 C. Butter
1 C. Milk
1 C. Heavy Cream
1 Vanilla Bean, pulp scraped and reserved
1/2 C. Cane Sugar
5 Egg Yolks
Vanilla Cream Sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and spices.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle and add 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Working one at a time, coat each slice of bread with the batter on both sides before adding to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flipping midway through, until golden brown.
- To make the cream sauce, combine the milk, heavy cream, vanilla pulp, sugar and egg yolks in a saucepan. Whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a low simmer and allow it to thicken slightly.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh sieve and set aside to cool.
- Serve the French toast stacked and topped with sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 10 min