Chai French Toast Muffins with Almond Oat Crumble
1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Ancient Grain Bread
1 C. Milk
1/3 C. Maple Syrup, plus more for serving
¾ tsp. Vanilla
½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
¼ tsp. Ground Ginger
¼ tsp. Ground Cardamom
1 batch Almond Oat Crumble (see below)
Chai French Toast Muffins
½ C. Cane Sugar
5 Tbsp. Butter, plus more for the pan
¾ C. Gluten-free Rolled oats
½ C. Whole raw almonds
Almond Oat Crumble
- Prepare the wells of a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- Dice the bread to ½ inch. Divide them among the paper liners in the muffin tin.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs, 1/3 C. maple syrup and vanilla.
- Gently pour the milk and egg mixture over the diced bread, filling each of the cups just over halfway. Cover the tin and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before time to bake, make the almond oat crumble. Combine the sugar, butter, rolled oats, and whole almonds in a food processor. Pulse lightly to chop until just incorporated.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. Uncover the chilled muffins. Sprinkle the tops with almond oat crumble and bake for 35-40 minutes, until set and golden.
- Once the bake has cooled slightly, serve warm with maple syrup, if desired.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 40 min