BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH BACON ON ENGLISH MUFFINS
¼ C. Toasted Pine Nuts, salted
4 Slices Bacon, cut into ¼-inch strips
2 tsp. Bacon Fat, reserved
1 C. Cubed Butternut Squash (½-inch)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Leek, thinly sliced (white and light-green parts only)
¾ C. Olive Oil
4 Canyon Bakehouse Honey Whole Grain English Muffins, toasted and halved
8 oz. Cream Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cook the prepared bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel. Reserve 2 tsp. of the bacon fat.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the cubed squash in the reserved bacon fat. Lightly season with salt and pepper and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the squash for about 12 minutes, until tender and golden.
- While the squash roasts, heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium high. Working in batches, add the sliced leeks and cook until just golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Spread each toasted muffin with cream cheese before assembling them with roasted butternut squash, crispy bacon, frizzled leeks and toasted pine nuts.