Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sandwiches with Cheddar and Blue Cheese Dressing
2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread, crusts removed
¼ C. Heavy Whipping Cream
1 lb. Ground Chicken
¼ C. Finely Diced Yellow Onion
1 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
Black Pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, for cooking
8 oz. Sliced Cheddar Cheese
½ C. Blue Cheese Dressing
1 Package Canyon Bakehouse Burger Buns
Baby Dill Pickles, for serving (optional)
2/3 C. Hot Sauce, such as Frank’s
1/3 C. Water
2 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- In a saucepan, whisk together the hot sauce, water and butter. Once the mixture begins to simmer, whisking, add the cornstarch. Continue whisking until thickened, about 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To make the meatballs, tear the crustless bread into pieces and soak them in the heavy whipping cream until absorbed. Meanwhile, place the ground chicken, diced onion, parsley, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse to combine before adding the soaked bread. Pulse until the entire mixture is incorporated, but don’t blend.
- Using a small cookie scoop, make about 18 meatballs and line them up on a baking sheet.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Working in batches, roll the portioned meat mixture in clean hands to form balls and drop them into the pan.
- Slide the pan across the burner to turn the meatballs as they cook. Once browned on all sides, transfer them to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- While still hot, toss the cooked meatballs and buffalo sauce in a mixing bowl until coated.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place three hot, saucy meatballs on each burger bun and layer with a slice of cheddar. Once the cheese is melted, spoon the blue cheese dressing over top.
- Serve with baby dill pickles, if desired.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min