Brioche Bliss Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 Pkg. Canyon Bakehouse Brioche-Style SweetRolls (6 rolls)
2 C. Chocolate ice cream
2 C. Vanilla ice cream
2 C. Strawberry ice cream
Optional toppings: chocolate chips, sprinkles, crushed nuts, or drizzles of caramel or chocolate sauce
- Preheat your waffle iron. Ensure it’s set to a medium heat setting. This will give your brioche a crisp outside while maintaining its soft interior.
- Prepare the brioche by slicing each roll in half horizontally, as you would for a sandwich.
- Place each brioche slice into the waffle iron and press down. Cook until the brioche has golden-brown waffle patterns and is slightly crispy. This should take about 1-2 minutes per slice. Remove and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Once the brioche slices have cooled down, scoop your desired flavor of ice cream onto one half of the waffled brioche.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing the other half of the waffled brioche on top of the ice cream, pressing down gently to form a sandwich.
- For an added touch of indulgence, roll the sides of the ice cream sandwiches in your choice of toppings like chocolate chips, sprinkles, or crushed nuts. If you prefer, drizzle some caramel or chocolate sauce over the top.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Transfer the assembled ice cream sandwiches to the freezer. Let them firm up for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. This ensures that the ice cream is solid and gives the sandwich a delightful contrast of textures.
- Once firm, your Brioche Bliss Ice Cream Sandwiches are ready to be enjoyed. If they’ve been in the freezer for an extended period, let them sit out for a few minutes to soften slightly before indulging.
- Serving Tip: Wrapped individually in parchment paper or plastic wrap, these frozen delights can be stored in the freezer for an impromptu dessert anytime.