Folded Egg Sandwich with Herbed Chevre and Sautéed Mushrooms
A light omelet stuffed with sautéed wild mushrooms and herbed goat cheese on a toasted Honey Whole Grain English Muffin.
- 1 Canyon Bakehouse Honey Whole Grain English Muffin, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 4 oz. Wild Mushrooms
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 large Egg, whisked
- 2 oz. Herbed Goat Cheese
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the minced shallots and sauté until tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes before adding the minced garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes more, until tender and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Add more olive oil to the skillet, if needed. Add the whisked egg and cook until set. Flip, and brown the other side.
- Turn the egg out of the skillet. Fold the cooked egg into quarters with the goat cheese and mushrooms inside.
- Assemble the sandwich with the folded egg inside the toasted English muffin.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 15 min