Frittata Breakfast Sandwiches
Take brunch on the go! This delicious frittata sandwich is filled with eggs, veggies, bacon and creamy goat cheese.
- 8 Eggs
- ½ C. Milk
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- ½ C. Diced Crispy Bacon
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Diced Zucchini
- 1 ½ C. Baby Spinach, plus more for garnish
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 4 Canyon Bakehouse Original English Muffins, toasted
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees with the rack in the center.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet on the stovetop.
- Add the diced onion and pepper and sauté until just tender.
- Add the zucchini along with the spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sautéed vegetables. Dot the top with chopped bacon and small pieces of goat cheese.
- Once the eggs begin to set around the edges, transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the eggs are fully set and the top is golden.
- Allow the frittata to cool in the skillet for 5 minutes before turning it out onto a cutting board to cool completely.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out four circular pieces. Reserve the scraps for snacking.
- Layer the frittata rounds with fresh spinach (if desired) inside the toasted English muffins.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 35 min