Chai French Toast with Vanilla Cream Sauce
Here, French toast takes on fall flavors with warming chai spices and a rich vanilla cream sauce.
- 2 Eggs
- ½ C. Milk
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Cardamom
- ¼ tsp. Ginger
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Honey White Bread
- ¼ C. Butter
Vanilla Cream Sauce
- 1 C. Milk
- 1 C. Heavy Cream
- 1 Vanilla Bean, pulp scraped and reserved
- ½ C. Cane Sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk and spices.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle and add 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Working one at a time, coat each slice of bread with the batter on both sides before adding to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flipping mid-way through, until golden brown.
- To make the cream sauce, combine the milk, heavy cream, vanilla pulp, sugar and egg yolks in a saucepan. Whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a low simmer and allow it to thicken slightly.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh sieve and set aside to cool.
- Serve the French toast stacked and topped with sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 10 min