Easy Homemade Apple Butter
This seasonal spread is easily made in a crockpot with sweet apples and fall spices, then perfectly placed on warm, toasted Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
- 6 lbs. Apples, cored and chopped
- ¼ C. Apple Cider
- ½ C. Brown Sugar
- ½ C. Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Ground Nutmeg (optional)
- ¼ tsp. Ground Clove (optional)
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Canyon Bakehouse Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Add all of the ingredients to a crockpot and allow them to cook at the standard setting for 10 hours.
- To thicken the batch, remove the lid from the crockpot for the last 1-2 hours of cooking.
- Work in batches to blend the mixture in a traditional blender, or use an immersion blender.
- Fill 3-4 quart lidded jars with the apple sauce. Refrigerate for 2-3 weeks, or freeze for several months.
- To serve, spread on toasted slices of Canyon Bakehouse Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 10 hours
Yield: 3 Quarts