Grilled Peach Toast with Cherry Chutney, Basil and Brie
This summer snack recipe combines seasonal fruits and herbs with creamy brie on toast.
- 1 Ripe Peach, sliced
- 4-6 oz. Brie, sliced
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Basil, minced
- ¼ C. Cherry Chutney (see below)
- 2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Shallots
- 2 C. Pitted Cherries, pitted
- 2 Tsp Minced Fresh Basil
- Pinch of Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- ¼ C. Red Wine
- 2 Tsp. Honey
- Place a saucepan with olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté minced shallots until transparent.
- Add minced basil to the saucepan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add pitted cherries and cook for 5 minutes, until soft. Press with a fork to release juices.
- Add red wine and honey.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and reduce to ½ volume before removing from the heat.
- Allow the cherry chutney to cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place the sliced peaches on a heated grill. Grill for 2-4 minutes on each side.
- Spread the toast slices with the cooled cherry chutney.
- Top the chutney with sliced brie, grilled peach slices and fresh basil leaves.