This pressed sandwich on focaccia is loaded with Italian meats and cheeses, mixed olives and pickled vegetables.
- ¼ C. 1 loaf Canyon Bakehouse Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia, cut in half, laterally
- ¼ C. Giardiniera (pickled vegetables), in a jar
- ¼ C. Italian Olive Salad, in a jar
- 1/3 lb. Genoa Salami
- ¼ lb. Sliced Coppa
- ½ lb. Sliced Mortadella
- ½ lb. Sliced Ham
- ½ Sliced Provolone
- ½ Sliced Mozzarella
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the sliced focaccia on one of the lined baking sheets.
- Open the sliced focaccia. Spread one side with giardiniera and the other with the olive salad.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet.
- Layer the bottom slice of focaccia with meats and cheeses.
- Gently flip the top slice of focaccia over the bottom.
- Place the second lined baking sheet over the sandwich and weight it with a heavy cast iron pot.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before cutting and serving.
Yield: 6 sandwiches
Prep time: 10 min, plus 2 hours chill time
Cook time: 0 min