Lemon Elderflower French Toast
The seasonal flavors of the Royal Wedding cake are used in a scrumptious French toast recipe with lemony whipped cream and sweet Elderflower syrup.
- 2 Eggs
- ½ C. Milk
- 1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread
- ¼ C. Butter
Lemon Elderflower Syrup
- ½ C. Water
- 1 C. Turbinado Sugar
- ½ oz. Dried Elderflowers
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
Lemon Whipped Cream
- 1 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Lemon Zest
- In a small mixing bowl, make the batter by whisking together the eggs and milk.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle and add 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Working one at a time, coat each slice of bread with the batter on both sides before adding to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flipping mid-way through, until golden brown.
- To make the lemon elderflower syrup, combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and dissolve the sugar just below a simmer.
- Steep the dried elderflowers in the syrup for 5 minutes before removing. Allow the syrup to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon whipped cream. Beat the heavy cream in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the sugar to the whipped cream, and then the lemon juice.
- Fold 1 tsp. lemon zest into the whipped cream.
- Spoon the whipped cream between 3 slices of French toast.
- Pour the cooled syrup over the top.
- Garnish with more whipped topping and a lemon twist, if desired, and serve immediately.