Strawberry Churro-style French Toast
- 1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Gluten-free Mountain White Bread
- 2 Eggs
- ½ C. Milk
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- ¼ C. Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- ½ C. Strawberry Preserves
- Cut each slice of bread using heart-shaped cutters.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk and vanilla.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working one at a time, lightly coat each slice of bread with the batter on both sides before adding to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flipping mid-way through, until golden brown.
- Immediately after cooking, place the toasts in the cinnamon/ sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Place 1-2 tsp. preserves onto one slice, and place another on top to make a heart-shaped sandwich.