Winter Breakfast Panini
- ½ Small Winter Squash
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¼ Red Onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. Butter, divided
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 1 oz. Goat Cheese, whipped
- ¼ C. Arugula
- 2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Coat the inside of the cut squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash cut-side-down onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven and cool slightly before scooping the inside into a bowl. Cover and allow to cool completely.
- Heat 1 tsp. butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Place the onion slices into the pan and allow to caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low. Melt the remaining 1 tsp. of butter in the skillet and add the whisked egg. Using a wooden spoon, scramble until just cooked.
- Layer the egg and onions onto one slice of bread and the squash, goat cheese and arugula onto the other. Press the sides together and place the sandwich onto a panini grill.