Easter Bunny French Toast
- 4 pieces of Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Style Bread
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk (can be dairy or dairy free)
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- butter or coconut oil for frying
- maple syrup and toppings of your choice
- Use a small bowl or wide mouth Mason Jar to trace half of the bunny body (a half circle) on one of the slices of bread. Use a knife to cut out the half circle. Repeat this on another slice of bread so you now have two half circles that make up the body when placed together. You will have remaining crust scraps that can act as the ears.
- Using a small Mason Jar, place on top of another slice of bread and use a knife to cut out the circle for the head
- Take the last piece of bread and cut out the feet and the tail free hand.
- Mix together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract in a bowl and soak each piece in the mixture (both sides) for about 30 seconds.
- In a medium frying pan, melt butter or coconut oil on medium heat and cook each piece of the bunny until golden brown on each side.
- Assemble the bunny on a plate, as show here, and serve Easter morning with your favorite toppings!