Cranberry French Toast
The French Toast:
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 slices of Canyon Bakehouse 7-Grain Bread
- Butter for frying
- Maple syrup and leftover cranberry sauce for topping
- 16 oz. of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- zest from one orange
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a shallow pan. Let the bread soak in the mixture and flip the bread so that both sides are covered in the mixture.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in pan on medium heat. Place bread in pan for 3 minutes, flip and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Place French toast on dishes and top with your leftover cranberry sauce or make our version!
- To make the cranberry sauce, add all ingredients to a pot on medium heat and cook for 25 minutes, turning down the heat once the mixture begins to bowl. Let cool before serving.