Pumpkin French Toast with Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream
The Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
The French Toast:
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 4 slices of Canyon Bakehouse 7-Grain Bread
- Butter for frying
- Maple syrup
- In a medium bowl whip the heavy whipping cream on high with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Be sure not to overmix. Add in the sugar and pumpkin spice and fold into the whipped cream until fully blended. Set aside.
- Mix eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in a shallow pan. Let the bread soak in the mixture and flip the bread so that both sides are covered in the mixture.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in pan on medium heat. Place bread in pan for 3 minutes, flip and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Place French toast on dishes and top with whipped cream and maple syrup. Serve immediately.