Baked Eggs in Seasoned Breadcrumbs
8 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White bread, diced to ½ inch
¼ C. Melted Butter or Olive Oil, divided
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Dried Herbs and Seasonings Blend, to taste
2/3 C. Whole Milk
2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley
Kosher Salt and Black pepper, to taste
2 oz. Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment.
- Toss the cubed bread with 2 Tbsp. melted butter or olive oil and seasonings.
- Arrange the cubed bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes until dry but not browned, turning half-way through.
- To turn the croutons into breadcrumbs, work in batches as needed. Place the dried, seasoned cubed bread in a food processor and blend until fine.
- Keep the breadcrumbs in a sealed container for 5-7 days.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 40 min
- Raise the oven heat to 375 degrees and prepare two 4-inch ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, herbs and seasonings.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared ramekins and sprinkle shredded cheddar on top, followed by the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Bake the topped egg mixture for 25-30 minutes, until the center is set, and the edges are nicely browned. Allow the baked eggs to cool and settle for 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with more seasoned breadcrumbs and chopped parsley if desired.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 30 min