Apple Stuffed Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
2 small apples, diced
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
Pinch of Clove
Apple Pie Filling
½ C. Milk
1 tsp. Cinnamon
¼ tsp. Nutmeg
4 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Cinnamon Raisin Bread
2 Tbsp. Butter, for the skillet
Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- To make the apple pie filling, combine the apples with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave for two and half minutes or until the apples are tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spoon the prepared filling onto two of the bread slices and place the others on top. Use a pastry brush to coat the tops and bottoms of the sandwiches with the egg mixture.
- Melt the butter a skillet over medium heat.
- Place each sandwich into the hot skillet and brown both sides. Transfer to plates and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min