Butternut Squash Focaccia Toasts
This savory winter snack combines roasted butternut squash with complementary goat cheese and fried sage on our Rosemary Thyme Focaccia.
- 1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia
- Cubed, Roasted Butternut Squash
- Salt & Pepper
- Goat Cheese
- Fried Sage
- 1 Bundle Fresh Sage
- ¼ C. Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil until it shimmers.
- Working in small batches, drop sage leaves into the hot oil. Fry for a few seconds each.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Turn on the oven broiler and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the focaccia horizontally in half, creating two thin sheets of bread. Cut into 12 rectangular pieces and place cut side up on the prepared baking sheet.
- Toast the focaccia pieces under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until just crisp on the surface. Remove from the oven and add toppings as desired.
- Place the focaccia back under the broiler for 2-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 5 min