Mushroom and Fontina Toast
Sautéed mushrooms are complimented with mild fontina cheese and fresh thyme for a delicious savory snack.
- 1 C. Sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Shallot
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse 7 Grain Bread
- 2 Slices Fontina Cheese
- Place the mushrooms in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add olive oil to the pan as needed to avoid sticking.
- Add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the vinegar and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Finish the mushrooms with fresh thyme leaves and remove from the heat.
- Arrange the mushroom on the bread slices and top with fontina.
- Place the toasts under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is golden and melted.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 15 min