Anchovy Garlic Dip with Toast Points and Dipping Vegetables
Deep flavors of garlic and anchovy are incorporated into a hot dipping sauce, served with veggies and gluten-free toast points.
- 1 C. Olive Oil
- 1/2 C. Sliced Garlic Cloves
- 6 Anchovies, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Shaved Fennel
- Breakfast Radish
- Snow Peas, cut on bias or Green Beans
- Purple Cabbage Wedges
- Carrots, cut on bias
- Toast Points made with Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Honey White Bread
- Warm the olive oil and sliced garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for 30-40 minutes and allow the garlic to soften gradually.
- Add the chopped anchovies to the saucepan and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Mash the softened garlic and anchovies.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Cover the mixture and allow it to rest at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
- Just before serving, place the saucepan back on the heat.
- Melt the butter into the mixture and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Whisk to incorporate butter and seasonings.
- Serve hot with suggested dippers.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 45 min