Strawberry Balsamic Crostini
This fresh summer appetizer combines complementary flavors and textures with goat cheese, strawberries, fresh basil and a balsamic reduction.
- 1 lb. Strawberries, quartered
- Fresh Basil Leaves, chiffonade
- 8 oz. Goat Cheese
- Canyon Bakehouse Rosemary Thyme Focaccia Bread
- 1 C. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and turn the oven on to a low broil.
- Slice the focaccia lengthwise, and place the interior sides up. Then, cut each piece into triangles and brush with olive oil.
- Place the focaccia under the broiler to toast until the edges are crisp and golden.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a saucepan and simmer to reduce. Whisk frequently until thickened.
- Spread each crostini with balsamic with goat cheese.
- Top the goat cheese with strawberries and basil.
- Drizzle the crostini with the balsamic reduction and serve.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 5 min