Caesar Salad in Parmesan Cheese Bowls
Parmesan Cheese Bowls
- 2 C. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with four square pieces of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on each sheet of parchment to create thin 4-inch rounds, about 3-4 Tbsp. each.
- Overturn 4 small bowls (to be used as molds) onto a work surface.
- Toast the parmesan rounds in the oven on the center rack for 10 minutes, until bubbly and just browned.
- Allow the parmesan rounds to cool just slightly before flipping the cheese (and parchment) over the molds and quickly shaping them.
- Remove the parchment paper from the rounds and allow them to set at room temperature.
- Once set, remove the cheese bowls from the molds.
- 3 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 1/8 tsp. Coarse Salt
- ½ tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 C. Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Black Pepper, to taste
- On a cutting board surface, combine the anchovy fillets, salt and garlic. Finely mince them together to form a paste before placing them in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisking, add the egg yolk, lemon juice and dijon.
- Gradually pour the olive oil into the mixture and whisk to emulsify.
- Stir in the parmesan.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- ½ Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia Bread
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush the focaccia with olive oil before dicing into cubes.
- Scatter the focaccia cubes on the parchment and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- ¼ C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Carefully arrange the chopped romaine and grated parmesan cheese inside the parmesan cheese bowls.
- Drizzle with Caesar dressing and garnish with focaccia croutons.