Alpine Cheese Fondue
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 C. Dry White Wine, divided
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 lb. Shredded Cheeses, such as Gruyere, Emmental and/or Comte.
- 1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Rosemary and Thyme Foccacia Bread, cubed
- Season the saucepan with the garlic by rubbing the surface and discarding the clove.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. of wine.
- Heat the remaining wine in the seasoned saucepan. Whisking, slowly add the cornstarch mixture and simmer until just thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and gradually add the cheese, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the fondue into a pre-heated dish or fondue pot and serve immediately with cubed focaccia, veggies, salami and cornichons.