Almond Butter and Spiced Honey with Pears on Toast
2 Canyon Bakehouse Honey Whole Grain English Muffins, halved and toasted
¼ C. Almond Butter
1 Red Bartlett Pear, cored and thinly sliced
¼ C. Spiced Honey (below)
8 Cinnamon Sticks
¾-inch Ginger Root, sliced
6 Whole cloves
½ tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend (optional)
1 Pint Honey
- Prepare a double boiler by adding 3 C. water to a 2 qt. saucepan over medium-high heat and place a glass bowl on top. Adjust the heat as the water comes to a gentle boil.
- Place the cinnamon sticks, sliced ginger root and whole cloves in the bowl and pour the honey on top.
- Stirring occasionally, allow the honey to infuse for 1-2 hours. Check the water level at one hour, refilling as needed.
- Once the honey has infused, strain the honey into a lidded jar and allow it to cool for 30-60 minutes before using.
- Spread each halved and toasted English muffin with almond butter and top with pear slices. Finish with a drizzle of spiced honey.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 2 hours