Frequently Asked Questions
WHY IS YOUR BREAD DIFFERENT THAN OTHER GLUTEN-FREE BREADS?
- Taste - the #1 reason why people love our products is taste and texture.
- Healthy - 100% whole grain, all-natural ingredients you can find in your pantry, such as organic agave (an all-natural, low-glycemic sweetener) and extra virgin olive oil.
- Free From - Gluten, All Nuts, Soy, Dairy and Casein
ARE YOU A DEDICATED GLUTEN-FREE BAKERY?
Yes! The best way to ensure that gluten is not in our products is to make sure it does not enter our building.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU USE IN YOUR PRODUCTS?
100% whole grain and all-natural ingredients are the core of our products. All of our products are free from gluten, dairy, nuts (tree nuts & peanuts) and soy and are made using non-GMO ingredients. All of our ingredients and nutrition facts are located on the products page of our website for your convenience.
ARE YOU CERTIFIED GLUTEN FREE?
Yes! We are Certified Gluten Free through the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO). The requirements of the GFCO include testing every lot of each product we produce down to 10 ppm (parts per million). Additionally, we send samples to an outside lab that is able to test down to 5 ppm. All of our testing, including what we send to the outside lab for verification, comes out "undetectable" (meaning 5 ppm or lower) for gluten.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS GMO-FREE?
Yes! All of our gluten-free products are free from GMO's (genetically modified organisms). We understand the importance of real food with wholesome, clean ingredients and strive to source the best possible natural and organic ingredients for you and your family. For more information, visit www.nongmoproject.org.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS KOSHER PARVE?
Yes! All of our gluten-free products are Kosher. Our gluten-free breads, focaccia, buns, bagels and muffins are certified by the Vaad Hoeir of St. Louis and is represented on our packaging by a Circle V symbol. Our gluten-free Brownie Bites are certified by the Orthodox Union and is represented on our packaging by a Circle U symbol.
DO YOU USE SESAME SEEDS?
We do use sesame seeds in our Everything Bagels but have recently removed them from the Cinnamon Raisin and Hamburger Buns. Although they are not considered a "Top 8 Allergen" we do treat sesame seeds like an allergen in our facility. We clean thoroughly after every run that contains sesame seeds and verify that all equipment is allergen-free by doing an allergen surface swab before beginning production on the next product.
DO YOUR PRODUCTS CONTAIN OTHER ALLERGENS?
Our products are also free from dairy, nuts (including peanuts), soy and casein. NOTE: We do use eggs in all of our products.
WHAT DOES 100% WHOLE GRAIN MEAN?
It means not using refined flours. Instead, we utilize the whole grain, allowing our products to be full of the wonderful nutrients naturally found in these grains.
DO YOU TEST FOR GLUTEN?
Yes! First, we test all ingredients for gluten and prohibit any ingredient containing gluten from entering our bakery. We are a dedicated gluten-free bakery, so the best way to ensure that gluten is not in our products is to make sure it does not enter our building. Second, we test our finished products, both in-house and via an independent 3rd party lab. Our standard is ZERO gluten. The best testing available today can detect gluten down to 5ppm (parts per million). The results of our independent 3rd party tests are "undetectable," meaning, at least below 5ppm. This is the strictest standard available.
WHERE CAN I BUY YOUR PRODUCTS?
Enter your zip code on the store locator page of our website to find a store near you. This list is always a work in progress, so it may not be 100% accurate as we are constantly updating. Feel free to contact us if we need to add a store or edit some current information.
HOW CAN I REQUEST YOUR PRODUCTS TO BE CARRIED IN MY LOCAL STORE?
A new product request form is available on the main page of our website. Please feel free to print this and give it to managers at your local grocery stores. This feedback is extremely helpful as we work to expand into new markets!
DO YOU GUARANTEE THE QUALITY OF YOUR PRODUCTS?
We do offer a Satisfaction Guarantee whether you purchase from a retailer or online through our website. If you purchase our products from a retailer and do not like them, please return them to the store for a refund. If you purchase from us online and do not like them, we will refund the cost of the products (not shipping) and/or send you another product. Either way, we want you to be 100% satisfied.
CAN I GET YOUR PRODUCTS IN CANADA?
Yes! Our products are available in select Canadian stores. Enter your postal code in our store locator to find the nearest location: http://canyonglutenfree.com/bread/store-locator.html. At this time we are not able to ship products to Canada through our online store.
HOW DO CANYON BAKEHOUSE PRODUCTS ARRIVE IF ORDERED ONLINE?
Our gluten-free products are formulated to be frozen then thawed, while maintaining a high level of quality. Our products are shipped frozen, but will thaw during transit so they're ready to eat fresh when they arrive. They are not shipped in an insulated cooler. These products can be stored on your counter at room temperature or placed in the freezer for up to 3 months.
ARE YOU MAKING ANY NEW PRODUCTS?
We are constantly looking into and working on new product ideas. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF YOUR PRODUCT?
We recommend that you store our gluten-free breads at room temperature and enjoy within 5-6 days OR freeze the product for up to 3 months until ready to consume. Our new gluten-free Brownie Bites should be enjoyed within 10-12 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
HOW DO I STORE CANYON BAKEHOUSE PRODUCTS?
Whether you buy the breads fresh from the bakery department or the freezer aisle, Canyon Bakehouse breads can be stored at room temperature (i.e. on your counter) for 5-6 days. If you don't plan to eat the breads right away, you can store them in your freezer for up to 3 months. Storing in the refrigerator helps to slow mold growth, but will cause the product to dry out and become stale quicker.
DO I NEED TO BAKE THE FOCACCIA BREAD?
No. The Focaccia bread is already baked and can be eaten directly out of the bag. If you'd like to heat the Focaccia you can bake it in an oven at ~350 degrees for 10-15 minutes to heat through and get a golden crust. A few popular uses for the Focaccia include slicing into bread sticks and dipping in oils or for use as a pizza crust.
DO YOU OFFER SAMPLES?
If you are a retail store, please contact us. Though we would like to offer free samples to everyone, unfortunately we cannot do this. We get many requests and it would be too costly to send products to everyone.
WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN AN EVENT?
If you have an upcoming event and would like Canyon Bakehouse to participate or donate products, please contact us.
CAN I VISIT YOUR BAKERY?
Unfortunately, we do not give tours at this time. We are a wholesale manufacturer and due to various policies and regulations, we cannot allow the general public to visit our facility.
HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU?
Please visit our contact us page. We read every request/comment within 48 hours, and will get back to you in that time-frame if needed.
OPEN JOB POSITIONS
Looking for a career with Canyon Bakehouse? Here is our most recent job opening:
Accounts Receivable / Deductions Analyst
Summary: Maintain relationships with accounts at all levels of management to ensure prompt reconciliation of problems by timely collection of invoices and negotiated settlement of unauthorized deductions. In addition this position performs validity checks on deductions taken by customers and works with customers to resolved deduction disputes.
- Ownership of a customer deduction portfolio.
- Post incoming customer payments into SAGE500 ERP.
- Obtain support documentation for customer deductions and update all relevant fields on company deduction tracking document.
- Timely research and follow-up through resolution of claims.
- Identify root causes with deduction issues and take to closure.
- Manage deductions within personal, team and department objectives.
- Partner with Sales Manager responsible for account to efficiently co-manage collections on the account.
- Prepare reports and analysis to determine compliance, trends, root causes and trade spend efficiency.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers and all functional groups essential to accomplish objectives.
- Ongoing focus on process improvements; making recommendations and participating in implementations to improve efficiency.
- Keep management apprised of unusual or non-standard issues, escalating when appropriate.
- Backup accounting functions as needed.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Finance or Accounting required.
- Knowledge of Credit and Accounting Principles required.
- Experience working with customer contracts and transportation/logistic requirements highly desired.
- Proven successful experience with high volume deduction management required.
- Strong aptitude in information systems; proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel (V-lookups & Pivot Tables)
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal written communications skills required.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and execute all assignments to closure; includes determining and addressing root causes.
- Must be able to put in extra time if needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English is an essential function of the job. Training materials, SQF Standards and other business-related documents are all written in English; and all business/staff and training meetings; 1:1 meeting between management and staff (formal and informal), and on-the-job work direction/instruction are conducted in English.